Nine out of 10 adults in the U.S. has a cell phone — and more than half of those devices are smartphones. The question isn’t whether you should adopt a mobile marketing strategy; it’s what are you doing to reach people who live and die by their mobile devices?
Here are six tips for connecting with these customers and prospects.
1. Set specific goals. Your mobile marketing objectives should, of course, be closely tied to your business’s overall marketing plan, with some key adjustments. The most effective goals include:
- Sell more of your product or service
- Build awareness of your brand
- Drive traffic to your website or bricks-and-mortar location
- Promote a special offer
- Offer customer support
Determining which of these objectives is most important will give your mobile marketing efforts focus and purpose.
2. Provide a mobile app. Build a mobile app for your business that enables customers to access your offerings in an easy, convenient way. “The best apps are both functional and engaging,” writes Fiona Rom on EmergingStars.com, an online platform that brings aspiring and inspiring entrepreneurs together. “And you could consider offering a free version of your app and allowing users to invest in a premium version with more features and content.”
See Full Story on blog.intuit.com